I Want Treats!
Well, it’s not an auspicious start.
It’s Saturday, and I haven’t earned a sticker yet.
Not once in 6 days.
I rode twice this week, was pretty active, did a few minutes of core each night, and had a good start to each day with a with a smoothie, some Omega 3, and vitamins D and C, but that’s it. Food wise, I was a mess.
Week 1 Recap:
- Sunday. Oh, c’mon. My meals were good, but I had a few snacks, and too much cheese. I thought I’d at least get off to a good start. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t what I envisioned. No sticker.
- Monday. Seriously, is this the way it’s going to be? My meals were pretty good, but a friend offered a Rice Krispie treat at lunch, and I succumbed–on day 2! Then, I took my kids shopping at Costco after school, and had a hot dog, half a turkey provolone sandwich, and a giant iced tea. I also ate a chocolate that I hid (but not really that well) in the basement. No sticker.
- Tuesday. I bought chocolate covered apples at Costco yesterday, so that’s not good. I mean, the apples were good–great actually–but eating AN ENTIRE CHOCOLATE COVERED APPLE is not good. So very not good. I went for a nighttime rip at Joyride, but still… No sticker. Not even close to a sticker.
- Wednesday. Happy Valentines Day! A few chocolates at school, a big lunch, some more chocolate covered apple, and a late evening visit from my baker pal (who brought over some Valentine’s cake). This is futile. I’m proclaiming Day 4 a total bust. Sticker? Pfft, whatever.
- Thursday. Okay, not bad. Great breakfast, good meals, an awesome rip at Joyride, and no snacks. Who am I kidding. My meals were okay (except for the half can of Coke I had at lunch), but I still had a chocolate covered apple from Costco. Sonofa… Why did I buy four chocolate covered apples? Oh yeah, they were two for five bucks. They were also caramel covered, chocolatey dreams. With nuts! I should give myself a giant sticker–and glue it to over my mouth. No sticker today.
- Friday. Well now this is just getting embarrassing. I’m not even a drinker, but for some reason, I found myself in a group of six old friends at lunch, at a hip Italian joint on College Street, and I felt like a drink. Maybe it was the endorphins. I don’t know. I never even LOOK at the drink menu, but I guess the universe wanted to play too, so it whispered in my ear “Hey Colin, why don’t you open up that nondescript looking tri-fold paper that says ‘drinks’”. They all looked so good and so Italian, so I ordered a fruity concoction with Prosecco and chinotto. It was really good, so I said to the server “Surprise me with something else fruity and sweet”. I cannot stress this enough, I have not ordered a drink (pop, juice, or otherwise) at a restaurant in I-don’t-know-how-long. And if that’s not bad enough, when we were leaving the table, I finished my friend’s drink. She only drank half, so what was I to do? Oh, and it was probably a bad move to share lunches with my wife. She ordered a pizza, and I ordered a chicken sandwich. We were going to each eat half. I pretty much ate most of BOTH MEALS. And yes, my other friend didn’t finish her fries, so I helped her with that too. This wasn’t a face palm of a day, this was a face slap. Not even in the same universe as a sticker.
- Saturday. It’s 11AM. I had a good breakfast, and I KNOW/HOPE this is going to be my day. Honestly though, this shaming thing is going to be a challenge. Fingers crossed, today is the day I get a sticker. However, with 12 or 13 more hours of temptation, it’s anyone’s guess. Update @ 11:10 PM: I only ate home-prepared food, didn’t succumb to snacks, and I nailed an hour sprint at Joyride 150. My first sticker! Kaboom.
Here’s my inspiration. I want to look like this guy:
By the way, “this guy” is me. It’s the 2016 Eager Beaver. Mid season. It’s within my reach, I just have to find the will power. Sigh.