Pfft, This is Easy
Nothing to see here folks…keep moving.
Well, I’m almost finished the program!
It’s 2 weeks until the Big Show starts, and I’m calling it a success. Like I said last week, I think I may actually be on track for some long term changes. I get stickers on most days, and on days that I don’t, the picture of gluttony isn’t all that bad. I still need to work on smaller meal portions, and learn to maybe NOT destroy the restaurant experience with visions of EVERYTHING dancing in my head when I order, followed by everything actually dancing on my plate, and into my mouth, and down to my belly…
However, through a bunch of baby steps, I made a big change. Again, I was totally not expecting this.
And so what if it’s not a perfect program. It’s working for me, and I think the kicker is that it will be easier in the future to modify the program to include the portion size predicament, address how to manage the restaurant experience, and add different types of training (yoga, cardio, weight…).
I still want to get rid of, or at least reduce my side gut flap, and it would be nice to sit down and not completely muffin-top over my pants, but I’ll keep working at it.
At least next week when I don the spandex, I’ll feel a bit better about my body.
I had a few successes and failures in the past week:
- I took my students (yes, a whole class of 29 Grade Nines) to Tim Hortons for hot chocolate and Timbits…AND DIDN’T HAVE A THING TO EAT OR DRINK!
- I lost a sticker one day because a student in my Grade Twelve class turned 18, so I bought two Deep ‘n Delicious cakes for the class…AND ATE HALF OF A CAKE.
- I ate a good lunch every day…BECAUSE I PLANNED AHEAD AND BROUGHT MY LUNCH TO SCHOOL INSTEAD OF HITTING THE MALL.
- A buddy and his family came to my house on Friday…AND I ATE TOO MUCH PIZZA, DRANK A BEER, AND HAD A POP.
- I got four stickers this week…BECAUSE I REFRAINED FROM EATING CRAP.
- I didn’t get stickers on the weekend…BECAUSE I’M EATING TOO MUCH.
- I weighed myself on Wednesday…AND I WEIGHED THE LOWEST IN ALMOST 2 YEARS.
- I went to my in-laws for Easter dinner on Saturday…AND SECRETLY CONSUMED MULTIPLE (AND HEAPING) SPOONFULS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING DIRECTLY FROM THE BOWL.
So the 8 Weeks program is a complicated success…
I have three observations about last week:
- Holy cow, I miss drinking the occasional Brio.
- Cream Cheese frosting is like nectar from the gods. I. Love. It.
- McCain’s Deep ‘n Delicious cakes are both deep AND delicious.
I’m still working on it, I feel great, and I can’t wait to keep it up.
- Weekly sticker tally: 4
- Joyride x 1 (plus a 48k gravel rip)
- Nightly core + morning smoothie/vitamins: 7
I didn’t get on my bike as much as I wanted to because of a crazy work schedule, and because I had to empty my basement of EVERYTHING for a renovation, but I was really active with my kids, and I played Dodgeball against students with my teacher team twice. We lost both times (so badly), but I rocked the headband.