Here are some of the places I ride. There are a billion places within a few hours of Toronto, and these are a few of my favourites. I add more rides as I become more familiar with the trails. This page is far from complete. If you have a trail to add, comment on this page, or send me an email (email@example.com), and I’ll add it to the list, with a nod of credit to you.
- The coolest place in the world.
- 110,000 square feet of fun.
- Great for a quick training ride.
- Great with the kids.
- Who cares if it’s indoor–it never rains, snows, or gets dark.
DIRECTIONS: 150 Bullock Drive, just east of McCowan
- Fast, flowy trails.
- The Hog’s Back is fun. The Hog’s Back Bypass is also fun.
- You can ride for hours and never see another person
- The west side of the road is fun. The east side is more challenging.
- There are no facilities.
- Lots of poison ivy.
DIRECTIONS: Beagle Club Road (Harwood, ON), just north of Highway 45.
- There are no maps, it’s a bit secretive, but lots of fun.
- The unknown trails are killers.
- Get a guide–everyone who rides there is happy to show you around. Even strangers.
- Tough, urban, hard packed trails.
DIRECTIONS: Loblaws parking lot (11 Redway Road). The trailhead is at the east end of the lot. There are a billion other access points. Find them.
- Spectacular riding, 30 minutes from the Toronto Zoo.
- The maps are lousy, just ride. If you get lost, the double track always goes back to the main parking lot.
- Little climbing, but hours of fun.
- Ganaraska Forest
- Great trails, great facilities.
- Excellent maps.
- Awesome climbs, great single track, lousy double track.
- This forest has a love/hate relationship with me.
DIRECTIONS: 10585 Cold Springs Camp Rd, Port Hope
- Awesome web of trails on a small parcel of land.
- Not really marked, but it doesn’t matter because you’ll always find your way back to the car.
- Location of the King Series Tuesday Night Series.
- Family friendly trails on the western part of the forest.
DIRECTIONS: 14855 Jane Street, King City
Check this link: http://www.trailforks.com/region/centennial-park-8694/?lat=43.96772844687375&lon=-79.55890142593381&z=16&m=trailforks
- Location of the Homage to Ice and Frozen Beaver bike races.
- Awesome single track.
- Great outdoor centre with washroom facilities.
DIRECTIONS: 937365 Airport Road, Mansfield
I’m working on descriptions of the following:
- Turkey Point
- Jefferson Forest
- Albion Hills
- Hardwood Hills
- Mono (yeah, they have MTB)
- Goodrich Loomis
- Batawa Ski Hill
- Petit Train du Nord (gravel-PQ)
- Corridor Aerobique (gravel-PQ)
- The South Scarborough Loop
THIS PAGE IS NOT FINISHED. To add a trail, comment or send an email.